We’ve been collecting recipes from Lynn’s family’s collection, for your enjoyment.
You can find the whole recipe series here. Hope you enjoy!
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tbsp. granulated sugar (or brown sugar is yummy too!)
1 container (250g) of light or regular cream cheese at room temperature
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp of vanilla
½ – 1 tsp of almond extract or amaretto (depending on how much you like almond flavour!)
4 cups (or more) of fresh, sliced strawberries (yummy with fresh raspberries, too!)
¼ cup seedless strawberry jam
sliced almonds for garnish
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar and pat, evenly into a lightly greased pie plate.
- Bake at 10 min. at 350°. Or, you can cheat, and use a pre-made graham cracker pie crust.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Once pie crust has cooled, gently spread mixture over bottom of crust.
- Make a pretty arrangement with the strawberries on the top of the filling. Mix jam until it is smooth and drizzle over berries.
- Garnish around the edge with sliced almonds.
- Place pie in fridge for about four hours before serving.